1. Privacy statement
EXCA commits to keep any personal data it receives related to the identity and personal life of a natural confidential in accordance to the conditions and restrictions set out in the GDPR.
2. Processing of Personal Data through the website
EXCA’s website may provide referrals – including hyperlinks – to websites of third parties and/or social media. EXCA cannot be held accountable or liable for any processing of Personal Data via these websites or social media.
3. Processing of Personal Data in the framework of a professional relationship
EXCA will process any Personal Data it would receive in the context of its professional relationship with any third party in full compliance with EU and Belgian applicable privacy legislation, i.e. the Belgian Privacy Act (Act of 8 December on the protection in relation to the processing of personal data) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/79) as of its implementation on 25 May, 2018.
EXCA will only collect Personal Data which are strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected.
EXCA will not keep Personal Data any longer as needed for achieving the purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected or obtained, except if it is obliged to do so by law and/or professional rules of conduct.
EXCA uses up-to-date IT procedures to keep Personal Data safe and secure.
4. Explicit Consent
EXCA uses any possible means to collect data, such as emails, agreements, subscribe/unsubscribe procedures,… in order to get explicit consent in gathering/storing personal data.
EXCA will use these data:
• To transfer Personal Data to third parties for so far it enters within the scope of its objectives and this transfer is relevant and appropriate.
• For third party transfers which shall typically include transfers justified by its objectives.
• EXCA may in this context transfer Personal Data to countries and regions outside the European Economic Area with or without data protection rules similar to those applicable in the European Union. EXCA shall, to the extent possible, seek guarantees from the relevant third party with regards to adequate protection and security of the Personal Data it receives from EXCA.
• To keep EXCA members, stakeholders and supporters informed about what EXCA may consider relevant or interesting for them as well as of EXCA’s activities, events, seminars, services newsletters, … by normal post and/or by e-mail to the professional postal/respectively email addresses, as well as via professional reputable internet platforms, such as LinkedIn and similar.
5. Access to Personal Data
Any person who has submitted Personal Data about him/herself to EXCA may at any time request to access, verify, amend or delete his/her Personal Data or parts of it.
The request can be made by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at EXCA, avenue Louise 480, 1050 Brussels.
EXCA will respond as soon as possible to the request.